• The Site is owned and operated by MP Global Jewelry LLC and its corporate affiliates (referred to collectively in this policy as “we,” “us,” “our” and other similar pronouns).
OPT-IN AND OPT-OUT
You may have the right to opt-in to or opt-out of certain of our uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. For example, when you are asked to provide Personal Information on this Site, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to, receive messages from us by e-mail or text message. You may notify us of your desire to no longer receive promotional messages by modifying your email preferences in your account settings, or by clicking “Unsubscribe Me” or other similar option in Master Pierce emails. To opt out of our SMS messages, please text “STOP” to the applicable short code messaging address. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out request and that even if you opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ON THIS SITE?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We collect Personal Information such as your name; date of birth; postal addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers; wireless device addresses (including text message addresses); gender; credit card and other payment information; purchase, site browsing and transaction history; and interests, hobbies and demographic information. For example, we collect Personal Information when you conduct a transaction on our Site; create an account on our Site; sign up for our newsletters; make online purchases; enter sweepstakes and contests; complete surveys; contribute to a chat room, bulletin board, list serve, blog, wiki or other social forum on the Site; or submit a comment or question to us using a “contact us” or similar feature on the Site.
An “invite-a-friend” or online greeting card tool provided on the Site and/or in our e-mails allows you to send information about our products and offerings to another person. You may also be able to purchase gifts for another Site user.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many Web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site.
In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional information about your Site visits. For example:
• Local shared objects, such as “Flash cookies,” may be stored on your computer or device using a media player or other software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, click here.
• HTML5 (the language some Web sites are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Site usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Site is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
• Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited our Website or another web site in the past.
• Browser history sniffing may be used to enable us to detect whether you have visited a Web page of ours or of someone else’s in the past by determining whether its URL is located in the list of URLs stored in your Web browser’s history file.
• Browser fingerprinting can enable us to recognize your computer or device as the same one that has been used to visit our Website in the past based on various detectable information from your computer or device that, together, can be used as a “fingerprint” of your computer or device.
• A pixel tag (also known as a “clear GIF” or “web beacon”) is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online or verifying whether you’ve opened one of our emails or seen one of our Web pages.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Site Usage Information to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
By using our Web Site, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
We or one of our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
• Enabling users to use our Site and its features
• Processing and fulfilling your transactions
• Administering the Site and your account with us
• Responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
• Developing new features and offerings on the Site
• Sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you. You may opt-out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the Opt-In and Opt-Out section above.
• Protecting our rights and property
• Customizing our Site to your interests and history with us
• Tailoring ads displayed to you on our Site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
• Other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SITE USAGE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf) and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Site with other Site users, we may share your information:
• With our affiliates.
• With other registered users of the Site who conduct searches which yield search results that include you.
• With our co-sponsor(s) if we obtain your information in connection with a contest, sweepstakes, offering, or other promotional activity that is jointly offered by us and any third parties unless you instruct us not to by following the instructions in the Opt-in and Opt-out section above.
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law.
• In connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
THIRD-PARTY AD SERVERS AND NETWORKS
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Web sites, and the region of the country or world where your IP address indicates you are located, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These advertisements may appear on this Site and on other Web sites. These companies may employ cookies, clear GIFs and other tracking technologies to cause relevant ads to be displayed to you. We encourage you to read these businesses’ privacy policies to learn about how they treat your information. For more information about third-party advertisers and how to prevent them from using your information, visit the NAI’s consumer Web site athttp://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer-education.
TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE
YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS
You may review, update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on the Site (if you have one) by logging in to the “My Account” or similar area of the Site or by contacting us using the “Contact Us” information below. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to delete your information is subject to our records retention policies.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via this Site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. While we have policies and procedures in place to protect the security of sensitive Personal Information collected on this Site, we cannot guarantee that information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission, while stored on our system, or when otherwise in our care.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is always used to protect your purchase information during the checkout process. In the checkout section of the Site you will see a closed lock item at the top or bottom of your browser or you will see in your browser the prefix https. If you correspond with us by e-mail, or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you create an account on our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at email@example.com
“LINKED-TO” WEB SITES
The Site may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Site to learn about how your information is treated by others.
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
10300 W Forest Hill Blvd.
Wellington, Florida 33414